Ed Allen has been a tax preparer for more than 20 years and has been a Certified Public Accountant since 1990. Ed formed his CPA firm to provide tax saving business strategies to business owners across the nation.
After graduating from Abilene Christian University, Ed began his career at Ernst & Young, LLP in 1990. At Ernst & Young, Ed engaged in tax consulting within E&Y’s Entrepreneurial Services Practice specializing in tax saving strategies for business owners. This experience began Ed’s fascination with the incredible opportunity of owning one’s own business.
Ed then joined Lacerte Software Corporation, now a division of Intuit, where he led the development of tax modules providing industry leading tax preparation software. Lacerte has been an industry leader in tax preparation software since 1986 and is used by accounting firms who engage in the business of tax preparation. It was this experience that gives Ed his holistic perspective of tax law and the effects of different
strategies suggested by tax professionals on the taxpayer at the federal, state and local levels.
Upon leaving Lacerte, Ed invested as a Shareholder in Mid American Capital Resource Group, Inc., a national factoring company based in Dallas, Texas. At Mid American, Ed served as Director, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. His time at Mid American gave Ed unique insight into the financial dilemmas facing business owners as they begin to navigate various stages of business evolution from start up to selling to an outside buyer.
Ed left Mid American to again pursue tax consulting, with a specialization in real estate taxation. As Co-Founder, Partner and Shareholder in DASI, a national cost segregation company, Ed became a nationally recognized expert in the field of real estate taxation and a national cost segregation specialist.
Ed is a talented, engaging and sought after national speaker and author. Ed has been consistently chosen by his peers to speak at conferences including national AICPA conferences:
- 2003 AICPA Real Estate Conference in New Orleans, LA,
- 2004 Federal Taxes Conference in Washington, D.C.,
- 2004 Rich Dad’s Real Estate Investment Conference in Dallas, TX.,
- 2005 AICPA National Real Estate Conference in Las Vegas, NV,
- 2006 AICPA National Real Estate Conference in Las Vegas, NV,
- 2008 AICPA National Real Estate Conference in Phoenix, AZ.
Ed has authored numerous articles covering the topic of cost segregation as well as other tax deferral opportunities for national publications:
- Journal of Accountancy, “The Best Of Both Worlds”, August, 2005,
- Colorado Real Estate Journal, “Reduce Taxes With A Cost Segregation Study On New & Existing Property”, January 2004,
- Office & Commercial Magazine, “Chances Are You’re Paying Too Much Tax … And You’re Not Alone!”, August 2003,
In addition to being an active member and recognized speaker for the American Institute of CPAs, Ed is a key member and frequent speaker for several professional state and local organizations including the Texas Society of CPAs, the Colorado Society of CPAs and the Oklahoma Society of CPAs.